quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, November 17, 2008

The Finish Line

This last Saturday I finally checked something off my "to-do" list. I ran in my first 5K. I was very nervous because I've been so sick the last couple of weeks but I knew if I kept putting it off I would never do it. So I decided Friday night that I was going to run (in large part because my family decided to come cheer me on).

I got to the race Saturday morning and registered and got my number. I stretched and tried to stay calm. There were a lot of seriously scary runners there. I felt intimidated just stretching next to some of those people.

My goal was honestly just to finish the dumb race but in the back of my mind I really wanted to run the whole thing. Not walk at all. I'd never run longer than 20 minutes though.

Here's my before picture...you can tell it's the before because I'm still looking pretty good. :-)
Photobucket

This is me looking less happy 3 miles into the race.
Photobucket

This is the finish line and me looking overjoyed because I got to stop running.
Photobucket

And finally this is me crying all over David's shoulder because in the end I was able to run the whole thing. All 40 minutes and 3.2 miles.
Photobucket

Sadly but not real surprising I did not lose weight this week. In fact after the race I gained 2 lbs. Just my luck. So I'm hovering at 203-204 and can't seem to budge. I have an appt this week with my doctor to try and come up with a game plan. We'll see how that goes. I hope everyone will set a goal this week, something you think you could never do. Have a great week.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING! I am so impressed!

Kristen

Amanda said...

YAY! You did it! You rock girlfriend!!!! Congratulations!!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats that is wonderful! Hopefully the Dr will have a idea for you!

Sara said...

That is so awesome! You should be so proud.

kelleen said...

You are my hero Amy-seriously. You have more determination and will power than anyone I know- congratulations on your amazing run & all the hard work it took to get there. you are in our prayers as always. Let me know about the doctor, K?

Shelly said...

This is Jamie's sister Shelly. I just wanted to say that I think you are amazing as well running 5K is an accomplishment especailly with young kids I ran my first in June. I love reading your blog it inspires me to stay healthy thank you for sharing your accomplishments you are great!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Hey, lookey there. My sister found your blog. I just wanted to say congrats Amy. You are my inspiration. You are truly amazing!

Unknown said...

HOLY COW!! One day I wanna be just like you! I hope all goes well at the Dr. and you find some answers or help that you need. Lots of love!

Salsa Mama said...

Hey, good job on your run!! That is amazing! If you want to post my blog link, that is fine with me. Thanks for dropping by and looking at my crazy stuff. :)