quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm Back....Finally!

Hey everyone, I'm back! Sorry about the long silence but I was enjoying my Christmas break without much thought ot losing weight. Which was a very nice break. But now it's a new year, the season of weight loss goals. For one month I'm not the only person obsessed with weight loss, I'm one of millions! Are you one of them? Let me tell you a couple things I've learned.

Losing weight is a decision you make in your mind. It's a series of small choices that add up. It's one part science and one part perseverance. It's one of the slowest things I've ever done in my life! It's a lifestyle not a temporary fix. If you start a diet thinking "I'll do this until I lose 10 lbs and then I'll stop." You will be losing those 10 lbs over and over again for the rest of your life, and watching your weight slowly go up. (Or not so slowly). Being healthy is a lifetime commitment. A lifetime of playing with your kids, or grandkids, of taking long walks with your special someone, a lifetime of time to do what you want. Healthy is something different for all of us, many of us (me included) are dealing with medical issues that prevent us from being as healthy as we want to be. Sometimes it's hard to look down the road and see a lifetime painted with doctor's appointments, medications, and symptoms that won't go away. I've learned to enjoy the small things about my body and not focus on what it won't do. I appreciate legs that are strong enough to walk, and arms that can pick up my children. This is the only life I'm going to get and I don't want to spend it angry at the hand I've been dealt.

Enough psycho-babble! I'm down to 193! Yea! I've lost 32 lbs thus far and am hoping to see 189 on my scale in the near future. I weight 190 when I got pregnant with Emma almost 7 years ago! I see my doctor on Thursday so I'm eager to see what my body fat percentage is this month. I've been weight lifting on a regular basis and using my Wii Fit at night for some aerobic exercise. And just one more thing before I go....

GO CARDINALS! YOU CAN BEAT THOSE EAGLES!

5 comments:

Jamie Wilkinson said...

I like your psycho babble, it has inspired me. After losing 25 pounds, I think subconsciously I was feeling like I was done. But I still have to maintain the lifestyle or I'll just gain it all back. You've inspired me to get things back in gear after my three week break and lose my last 20 pounds! Thanks!

Catherine said...

Amy--
thank you for the wonderful insight that you keep giving me through your random babbling. I appreciate all that you do and want to let you know that I love you and count you as a great blessing in my life.

Lindsay said...

I totally agree when I changed how much and what I ate I did really well and it has even helped me keep my weight down durning this pregnancey. For me I found it is all about portion control. Any thing is ok in small protions:) I am sure you will see 189 in no time!

kelleen said...

Hi Amy!
Thanks for taking the time to email me and keep me from my weird over-worrying thing. I am so glad that you found this doctor who is finally listening to you and helping you with your plan- and your hard work is finally paying off- you should get some kind of medal for your diligence. Anyhow, got too much news to write-need to call you. Hope you have a great day!

Christy Anna said...

i am sorry haha i love you tho!!! n your my family forever. i miss you