quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, August 18, 2008

Training

Well I am knee deep in training for my 5K and loving it! It's super hard for me to get up early to run but that's the only way to avoid the insane heat! I'm following the Couch to 5K program, which takes you from doing nothing to running a 5K in 9 weeks. I'm on week 4 and I'm already running for 16 minutes out of my 30 min routine, and up to running for 5 minute blocks at a time. I've never been a runner before so I'm really proud of my progress.

I was 210 when I weighed in this morning, which is 1 lb up from last week. But I've been doing a lot of weight lifting this week so I'm going to think of that pound as pure muscle. :) I need to thank Christy this week, she took me to see a movie as her pledge. We saw Mamma Mia and if you haven't seen it GO NOW! It is hilarious. Also thanks to my mommy. She brought me a present for each of the 5 lbs I lost. Love you Mom!

So this week, to continue the tradition of crazy experimentation, I am trying a gluten (or wheat) free diet. A lot of women with PCOS have a sensitivity to wheat and I suspect I might be one of them. So this week should be interesting. Last night I made a loaf of bread that is made from garbanzo bean flour...it was actually pretty good.

I've roped David into working out with me at night, every night before bed we do 100 crunches and 10 push-ups. David has quickly shown me up by moving on to 15 push-ups, but he still can't do as many crunches as I can. It looks like exercise edged out dieting as the most important for losing weight. This week think about how you can get a little more exercise into your life, nothing big...just baby steps! And don't forget to vote in the new poll.

Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Way to go! You are doing better than I am!