quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm back with a new look and a fresh start!

Hello Everyone! Well I ended up taking three weeks off instead of two, and it was just what I needed. A time to refresh my energy, clear my mind, and think about something else than losing weight! Now I am recharged and ready to go. You probably noticed I changed my blog, I want something fresh for the next leg of my journey.

I want to thank everyone who has sent in a pledge, you are all such a wonderful support for me. I also want to thank my newest pledger David Rookhuyzen! David has pledged 2 free babysitting nights once I've lost 20 lbs. That's great motivation for me, thanks David. It's not too late to pledge if you want to, I can use all the encouragement I can get.

Well the 3 weeks off did me good because in that time I hit a huge milestone for me. I am finally under 210! This morning the scale was at :

Photobucket

So altogether that brings me up to 16 lbs lost so far! And it brings that elusive 20 lbs a lot closer, just 4 lbs to go. I'm excited to see the scale continue to go down and my health continue to improve. I've recently taken up running and decided to enter a 5k in September. I'm busy training and this last weekend did my first practice run. I did the course (which is 3 miles) in 45 minutes. My goal is 30 mins so I have 5 weeks to improve my time. I hope everyone who is able will come cheer me on at the finish line as I complete this goal.

15 lbs lost means another pledge comes due, this time from me! I was going to get a haircut, but have decided to keep growing my hair out, so instead I will be getting highlights done.

Thank you everyone for continuing to support my efforts, the healthier I get the more likely David and I will be able to expand our family. We love you all and don't forget to vote in the poll to the right.

3 comments:

Greg & Anna said...

Give me an A!
Give me an M!
Give me a Y!
What does that spell?

Amy!!! I love your example. Makes me want to join you in the track! I may end up there with you sometime.

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited to see your numbers! Taking breaks to chill out and be kind to yourself really works! Three miles in 45 minutes!?! You are awesome! Last time I ran a mile (high school), I thought I was going to die! I am so impressed!

Love,
Kristen

Lindsay said...

Good job! I am sure you can do it in 30 minutes. Me and Bryan did it in 1 hour and 20 minutes with all 3 of our kids and potty breaks and Jocleyn walked 1/2 of it. I am sure you can a peice of cake;)