quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, April 6, 2009

Ode to me?

Exactly one year ago I started out on this journey. To lose weight, to get healthy, to do better. Now, an entire year later, I am not where I thought I would be. Originally last April I thought that I could lose all 80 pounds by October. :-) Well, obviously that didn't happen. But let's talk about what did happen.

I lost 35 lbs.
I've kept it off for months. Through holidays, birthdays, and special events.
I've lost over 2 feet in inches.
I've run a 5K.
I've droppped 6 pants sizes.
I've made being healthy a way of life...not just a diet.
I've moved up from my 3 lbs weights to lifting with 10 lb weights.

And it's all thanks to you. Without your support and accountability you provided I never would have gotten this far. It would have been so easy to give up if I didn't have to report back to you guys each Monday. Now, I'm not where I want to be quite yet, but I ma enjoying where I am for once. If I could lose another 35 lbs this year I would be thrilled. Thank you everyone for your support. I hope we'll all be healthier in 2009 than we were in 2008.

This is my starting picture one year ago and the other is a picture of me taken after my run this morning.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

14 comments:

Carrie and Brett said...

Amy--

Hello, my name is Carrie. I've never met you but have been inspired by your blogging. I experienced a miscarriage myself a couple of months ago and looked towards internet support groups for help during my tough days and found your beautiful letters you wrote to your daughter, Daisy. So much of what you wrote to her are my feelings towards my baby that I lost. I'm very sorry for your loss and have very much appreciated your beautiful words that you have shared with myself and other women out there that have experienced such a loss.

I saw your 2 kids pictures on this blog and they're really cute--congrats on a beautiful family! I have 4 kids myself and would love to have a couple of more. We will see what God has planned for us.

Anyways, I just thought I would say hello rather than continue to be mute. You look great and I'm very impressed with all of your weight loss!

Amanda said...

Awesome Amy! You look WAY better!! I need to be as good as you! Way to go on your accomplishments!!!

Sara said...

wow you look great!

Unknown said...

I think you look fabulous(!!!), even if you haven't ended up where you hoped to be. I am impressed with your diligence and hope for the best for you!!! Keep it up!

kelleen said...

You look fantastic-wow! I LOVE your hair too, it really fits you. I can't believe your stats-over 2 ft in inches?! That's incredible. I am sooo happy for you! :) :) :)

Mom said...

WOW honey! The pitcure is unbelievable. You look so good! I am so proud of you and you have been my inspiration to lose weight and not give up. I love your determination and dedication. Keep up the good work! Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love.

Kristen

Shelly said...

Amy you look really Great and very healthy congrats on your wonderful year! You truly are an inspiration of daily self improvement thank you for your example(:

Shelly said...

By the way your new hair cut is so cute!

Lindsay said...

You are doing great! I wish I could back into trying to lose weight! YOu are staying with it so well! Congrats on your progress!

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Wilkinson said...

You look AMAZING! Congrats!

the ridgeways said...

wow congratulations! you look awesome!

Mia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.