quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday, January 27, 2012

Sackcloth and Ashes

I'm not going to lie to you guys, I am thoroughly depressed today. Not because I'm 30 now, strangely enough that doesn't really bother me at all. I had a quiet birthday yesterday. Kids and I played games together, I worked out, then I made myself a nice birthday dinner. I chose to cook instead of going out so I wouldn't compromise my weight loss. My menu was chicken cordon bleu (the skinny version found here), homemade bruschetta (yummy), and a mixed green salad. Then instead of a traditional fat-laden birthday cake I made angel food cake with a pineapple topping. I was so proud of myself for sticking with my exercising and my healthy eating even on my birthday! Until I woke up this morning and found out that my birthday dinner had given me the gift of 4 lbs back! That's right I was 221 this morning. :head desk::head desk:head desk:

So now instead of being down 8 hard won lbs in 7 weeks, I am down 4. And then, riding on a wave of what must have been complete insanity, I decided to try on my anniversary dress. You know the one here, to see how it was fitting now after 7 weeks of exercise and healthy eating. Yeah, I couldn't even button it. Now feeling a little desperate to give some validation to all the hard work I pulled out my tape measure. I mean if you're not losing weight you're losing inches right? Isn't that what they say? All my measurements are exactly the same. :head wall: :head wall::head wall:

So now after all the hard work what can I say? At least I haven't gained weight?! It's moments like these that I want to punch the face of every doctor/trainer/nutritionist who've told me that losing weight is about burning more calories that you eat. Once again I defy the laws of the universe.

I'm so frustrated and angry and sad today so I'm taking the day off. I had a leftover chicken for breakfast and I didn't exercise. Instead I'm packing my kids up and heading to the children's museum. Going to spend time with people who just love me.

Come back Monday for weigh-in...it should be interesting.

2 comments:

Elissa said...

Amy, you JUST ate a big dinner, of course you're going to be heavier. It takes a few days for that food to get out of your system. Stop checking the scale so much. I am on a weight loss journey as well & I can fluctuate up to 4 pounds! What I have learned is to get away from that "diet" mentality that your on. Eat healthy & exercise because you want to be a healthy mom & wife and you want to prolong your years. Don't do it because of what you want the scale to say; and in doing that, the weight will come off and you will be less stressed about it. Hope that helps.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

I know I'm late reading this, but I second what your friend before me said. I threw out my scale after Lily was born and haven't bought a new one since. I weigh myself on the scale at the supermarket, that way I am unable to weigh myself after every meal/workout session/nap/breath...well, you get the idea. Since it is rather embarrassing weighing myself at the supermarket, I'm only tempted to do it when I go by myself and no one is about, so I end up weighing myself once or twice a month. That way my focus is on getting healthy and fit rather than the number on the scale. Of course, now I break out my measuring tape everyday and berate myself if I go up in measurments, so I guess it is a wash. I should probably throw that out as well...

I am right there with you. I cut out sugar, carbs, I workout like a fiend and my intake is almost always less than my outake, and still losing weight is a herculean task. I really commend you starting this blog. And I see your temporary weight gain was just that and you are back on track, so way to go!