quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, April 21, 2008

The First Lap!

Well I have made it around the track. One week of exercise and healthy eating and I'm happy to report success! I lost 2.5 lbs this week which puts me at 222.5 lbs. I had a panic attack last night thinking about what would happen if I hadn't lost weight, or worse gained some! When I came up with this idea I didn't think about the public humiliation that would follow a bad week! I guess that's just the motivation I need to keep me working hard.

Weight loss is silly. I swear it was pretty easy to put on the weight, so why is it so hard to take it off? Did you know it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound? So in reverse it takes 3500 calories not eaten or burned to lose a pound. That's a lot of calories. I decided I want to burn 3500 calories a week in exercise which is 700 calories a day (Mon-Fri). I didn't think it would be a big deal until I jumped on my exercise bike and started pedaling away. 45 mins later I had only burned 350! Sheesh! So now I'm doing 2 stints a day on my bike...one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Together these burn the 700 calories I need. I've already shaved 5 minutes off my time.

I know I said I'd post a picture each week but honestly it was kind of depressing studying this week's photo and last weeks and deciding that those two pounds apparently came off my feet! So we'll do pictures every 2 weeks or so.

My food of the week is dill pickles! They are 0 points on Weight Watchers, and they satisfy my salty food craving. Thanks to everyone for the support! I love you all. One lap down...23 to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Amy! I'm so excited for you! Now is that 3,500 calories in a week to gain a pound? You are going to look even more amazing when this is all done.

Unknown said...

Congrats Amy! I think that is fabulous progress. I want you to know how much you have impressed me by being so self-motivated. (if only we were all like you!)

Lots of love