quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Starting Line

PhotobucketPhotobucket


The race is on. My starting weight is 225 and my goal weight is 150. 75 lbs to lose. For the first time starting a weight loss plan I feel hope along with my enthusiasm. I feel humbled by the outpouring of love and support from my family and friends. Not wanting to disappoint all of you is the best motivation I can think of. Thank you to everyone who has pledged and those who've sent me encouragement and advice. Please keep it coming! I'll need all the help I can get over the next few months. Anyone who is still interested in pledging please feel free to email me or post here. Here are my very first pictures! They will also be my "before" pictures at the end of the journey.

My weight loss plan is three-fold: Nutrition, Exercise, & Sleep. As far as nutrition goes I will be following the Weight Watchers Food Plan, I will also be carefully controlling my portion sizes, eating less processed foods, and taking a daily multivitamin. Exercise will involve my brand new exercise bike (I love craigslist!) and my free weights. With a little sliding, swinging, and pretending to be a tiger with my kids. And finally I've always had a problem sleeping which has led to a lot of late eating, so I will be working on keeping a nightly bedtime and shooting for 8 hours of sleep.

Well, what do you think? Opinions, advice, and encouragement is very much welcomed!

1 comment:

kelleena said...

You are such an awesome inspiration! I have decided to pledge $20 for every 20lbs, but more importantly, I have decided to support you by joining you on this journey by starting back on my diabetic diet and an exercise routine starting next monday so we can encourage and help each other and be healthy friends together. I am so proud of you for taking this brave journey, and am so glad to call such a thoughtful and beautiful person my best friend. Good luck this week--you can do it!
Love, Kelleen