quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, April 7, 2008

Welcome to my journey!

Hello Everyone! Thank you for taking the time to visit. I am about to set off on a journey and I need everyone's help. Many of you will know that in July of last year David and I miscarried our daughter Daisy Grace at 17 weeks. Many of you don't know that following that I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Then after trying to get pregnant for several months I was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). Because of these 2 conditions we have been unable to conceive again. I've been put on medication to help but it does not seem to be working yet. My doctor tells me that the best thing I can do to get pregnant again is to lose weight.

Unfortunately both of these disorders make it very difficult to lose weight. Many attempts in the past have failed. But this time the stakes are much higher and so I'm reaching out to all of you to help. I know that with the support, advice, and love of all my friends and family that I can reach my goal.

I'm going to try a new weight loss method called "Sponsor my weight loss" in which family members and friends come together to encourage, motivate, and yes even use bribes to help with weight loss. I will be starting on Monday, April 14. I will weigh myself every monday morning and post my weight loss and a picture for everyone to see.

How can you help? By being a sponsor. There are several ways to do this.
1. You can pick a set dollar amount per pound...for example you can pledge $1 for every pound lost and at the end of 4 weeks I will let you know what the total is. Any amount is welcome whether it is ten dollars or 10 cents.
2. Or you can pick a 5 lb block (lost 5,10,15 lbs) and pledge a reward for reaching that weight. This can be anything you want it to be (as long as it is not food!) like a new outfit, a movie, an exercise DVD or equipment, pedicures, ect. Anything you can think of.
3. You can pledge a service, for example, cleaning, babysitting, cooking, ect.
4. Finally you can give me your love and encouragement, your ideas and recipes, your support and your prayers. Cheer me on. Check my blog often and let me know you are supporting me in this effort.

If you have an idea that is not posted above that's great! Let me know how you want to help. I'm excited about sharing this goal with all of you and know that our combined strength can move mountains. Or even help me lose 80 lbs.

Check back Monday April 14th for my starting weight!

Amy

5 comments:

David said...

Hey Baby! I'm with you all the way! First five pounds = a pedicure!

Catherine said...

Amy, this is a fabulous idea. I think that I would be able to do $2 for every pound you lose. Also I will email you some recipes that would be wonderful. Do they have any dietary recommendations for your condition??
Please advise- Blondie

Unknown said...

hmmmm... choices, choices. I think i'll go for $1 per pound lost. I will also gladly send recipes if you want. We will keep you in our prayers. Knock 'em dead!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, I'll help all I can! I'll pledge $10 for every 5 pounds lost. By the way...can I have your address? Love you!
-Emily

Anonymous said...

Amy- I am onboard and will email you with my information and pledge. Cousin Tim Rose