quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, April 28, 2008

Why I hate PCOS...

Well, from the title you probably guessed that this week did not go as well as last week. I did lose half a pound bringing my weight to 222, and my weight loss to 3 lbs. But it's definitely not the results I would have preferred. This is why I've had so many problems in the past with losing weight. It's so discouraging to eat well and exercise all week long and not see results on the scale.

PCOS can effect your metabolism and also make you insulin resistant. It can effect the way your body handles the sugar and fat you eat. Not much is known yet about this process and doctors don't have much advice yet on the best way to solve this problem. I've been doing a lot of research on the issue because I want to make sure my diet is as healthy as possible while still allowing me to lose weight. There's some evidence that a low-carb diet similar to a diabetic's diet will help women with PCOS. So I might be changing how I eat (again) in the near future.

This is the point where I try to remember that a healthy lifestyle is about more than losing weight. The exercise and healthy food is still helping me even if the scale didn't budge. That's my mantra for this week.

Special challenge for this week: I'm in Utah on vacation which usually means eating out a lot. So my goal is to eat at home as much as possible. (Special thanks to Celeste who will be cooking dinners for us this week). And when I do eat out to make healthy choices and control my portion sizes. I'm 3 lbs lighter then I was when I started! That's something to celebrate!

1 comment:

David said...

Keep on keepin' on...as those animated vegetables say! XOXO