quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, May 19, 2008

WOO-HOO

Half the time I don't understand what's going on with my crazy body and this was definitely one of those weeks! However, this time it was working for me instead of against me. Yes, that's right--I lost weight this week. Not only did I lose weight but I lost 5 lbs! I took a picture of the scale so everyone could share in my joy at being under 220!

Photobucket

As you can see I am 219.5 this week (I round to the nearest half pound to make calculation more easy). Which means I have lost 5.5 lbs total and I've also reached my first goal! I will be collecting a pedicure from David this week!

Why the dramatic difference? I can't be sure but I did make some changes this week. I changed up my exercise routine (thank you Lindsay for this tip). Instead of my exercise bike I took the kids for a ride in our bike trailer. If you've never pulled 80 lbs of kids behind a bike in a stiff wind...that's the way to burn calories! I also switched from 5 to 8 lb weights for my nightly lifting. As far as food is concerned I cut down on the amount of refined sugar I've been eating and upped my protein intake. I think it worked. :)

I'm so excited to see results. The cherry on top is that I also lost 6 inches this week! Including more than 1 inch off each thigh! I just bought a new exercise DVD called Turbo Jam so I'll be working that into my routine this week. Eating healthy and loving life. Here's to never being 220 again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for you!!!

I'm so impressed that you never give up. I'm very happy for you that all of your hardwork is producing great results. Thanks for being an inspiration to the rest of us!!

Lindsay said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you!!!!! 5 ponds way to go!!! I am glad that changing just a little made such a diffrence. I totally blew my diet this week. I eat way to much but I am hoping that I may have walked and sweated off most of it while we were in Laughlin:) I am SOOOOO happy for you!!!! Way to go! Air high five...lol...
Lindsay