quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, May 26, 2008

6 Weeks and Counting

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Well at the end of 6 weeks of hard work I am at 219. I lost another half pound this week and brought my total weight loss to 6 lbs. I also lost another 6 inches this week which brings me up to 12 inches lost total. I didn't expect to lose much this week, given the large loss last week. I've also been doing a lot of strength training and trying to build up my muscle base. Here's a fun fact for you, most of you know that muscle weighs more than fat, but did you know that the more muscle you have the more calories you burn when you're doing nothing at all. I'm all for that!

I bumped up my carb intake this week, I think I've been undereating slightly for how much exercise I've been doing. And I'm doing a lot of research into insulin resistant diets, which recommend a high carb (healthy carbs) and low fat diet. I'll be moving closer to getting refined sugar out and more fruits in.

Since it's been 6 weeks since we all started I think this might be a good time for an offcial tally.. For those of you who pledged by the pound we are going with an official 6 lbs lost. I think I'll be getting a massage with the pledges so far. :) I sure could use it with all this weight lifting. I hope you enjoy the new pics and can see the difference, I can sure feel it!

No comments: