quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, June 2, 2008

Camping and Losing Weight

I've decided that camping is a great thing to do while you're losing weight. You're eating all fresh prepared foods, with no McDonald's around the corner, you're getting plenty of sunshine and fresh air. And even if you don't go hiking or anything you are still bumping up your level of fitness by gathering wood for the fire, setting up your tent, taking your kids to gather pinecones, ect. We spent the weekend camping up on the Rim and it was beautiful! Thanks to the Rookhuyzen family I got to sleep in a heated trailer at night, enjoy the pine trees during the day, eat some really good food, and lose 2 more pounds and 2 more inches!

My new official weight is 217 which is 8 lbs total lost so far and just 2 lbs away from the 10 lb mark! I'm excited to see 217 on the scale because in the past I've tended to plateau at 219. Just think, if I keep losing weight at the 2 lb a week rate I will be under 210 in just 4 weeks and under 200 in 8! Whoa! I guess I'll have to camping a couple more times in that period. :)

I thought that this week I would introduce you all to the newest member of the Drorbaugh family. She's a girl, her name is Lucy and she is 8 and a half pounds. She's our new Beagle puppy. We've had her for about 2 weeks now and she's settling into our family great! The kids and I absolutely love her and David will like her more once I finally get her house trained.
Photobucket
Here's a picture of Lucy enjoying her first camping trip. I hope you all have a great week and I hope that next week we can call celebrate me saying "goodbye" to my first 10 lbs!

1 comment:

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Wow Amy, this is such a great idea. I am so inspired by you. You are MUCH braver than I am. Since having a baby, I don't think I'd have the courage to document my weight loss for the world to see. And you are doing such a great job! How do I become a sponser??