quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday, February 24, 2012

Denial and Comfort

All right I'm back. I'm still in total denial that my anniversary vacation is over. You know how it feels when you look forward to something for so long, and enjoy it so much? It's so anti-climatic to come back down to earth. So in response I did pretty much nothing this week except work through 2 seasons of the X-Files on Hulu.

However I DID restart my low-carb diet and it's going great. It feels comfortable to me now, easy and second nature. It's so nice to be on a diet where I don't feel deprived and frustrated all the time. So while my productivity is at a low this week, my weight loss is full steam ahead.

So this week I want to share with you one of my new favorite low-carb snacks. This is what I make in the evenings if I feel hungry at all.

Deli Roll Ups

Thin slices of your favorite lunch meet
Dill pickles
Cream Cheese

Yup that's it! I like to layer a slice of turkey, ham, and salami then spread a little bit of cream cheese down the center. Take a pickle and quarter it lengthwise and lay one on top of the cheese. Then roll it all together. Use whatever meat you want to. You don't need much of the cream cheese (remember if you're counting carbs that while cream cheese is low in carbs it still has some). My kids think these are so much fun to eat. Last night I was feeling lazy so I made myself a salad and 3 of these to go on the side. Super yummy.

Tonight my husband's company is taking us out to eat. Luckily we're going to a steak house, one of the easiest restaurants to go low-carb at. Looking forward to a nice low-carb evening with my hubby.

Check back in Monday for weigh-in! I'm really hoping to have lost the weight I gained on my trip.

2 comments:

kelleen said...

oooh, I'll have to try that one--sounds good. I just discovered greek yogurt and fell in love; less carbs, more protein, no fat & yummy...it's like miracle food!

David said...

Mmm...pickle roll ups...they're really good with the crunchy pickles...wish I had a half-dozen right now.