quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, February 13, 2012

Weigh-In Feb. 13th

Photobucket
Progress continues! I lost a little more than 3 lbs this week and I also lost 3 inches. I'm still very excited about my low-carb diet and it's been surprisingly easy to stay on it. The only time I've been tempted to jump off the wagon was today when I became too stressed. Yesterday on the way home from Granna's house our car (our only car) died on the drive home. Today we found out it's going to cost $1600 and a whole week to repair it. Then today my 6 year old had some dental work he had to be sedated for, and tomorrow I'm scheduled for a out-patient procedure myself. This all is happening 2 days before my husband and I are scheduled to leave for 5 days. So stress levels were up today and the apple crisp in my fridge started to seem more and more appealing. Funny how we have those triggers built into us, isn't it?

Valentine's Day is this week but there's a more important date for me this week. Wednesday is my 10th anniversary. My goal was to be under 200 lbs by my anniversary and I'm a little disappointed that I didn't make it but so excited that I found something that's working for me. I'm even more excited that when we get back my husband wants to go on this diet with me and train for a 5K in April. These kind of things are so much easier when someone is doing it with you.

So we're leaving on Wednesday and I can guarantee you that I will not be following my low-carb regimen this week. After all you only have a 10th anniversary once, right? So I'll be back to post and weigh in next Monday. Hopefully I won't gain too much but I plan to relax and have fun this week. Hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

David said...

Amy,

Thanks for the best 10 years of my life!!! I wouldn't, couldn't imagine living them without you...which is what sealed the deal for me 10 years ago when I made the leap into love. I love you!

David

kelleen said...

Happy Anniversary Amy! Sorry about the stress--hope you have a relaxing vacation!!!