quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, February 6, 2012

Weigh-In Feb 6

It's Monday again which means I have an appointment with my scale. But not just any scale, my brand new, shiny scale I got for my birthday. That's right I used my birthday money to buy myself a new scale that tracks weight loss and calculates body fat percentage. I know that makes me a little strange, but what are you going to do?

This morning, after one week on my low-carb regimen, I stepped onto my new shiny scale for the verdict. Last week I was 217.5 and this week I was 212.5! Five whole pounds this week. So happy! Not only did I lose 5 lbs this week but I re-measured myself this morning and I also lost almost 6 inches!

I'm loving this new diet. I almost never feel hungry anymore and I don't crave sugar at all. For the first time in years my blood sugar is stable, I don't have sugar crashes or the dizzy spells I had gotten used to. I'm eating more vegetables than I ever have before and food tastes so much better to me. Overall I'm just so happy that something is finally working for me.

I'm starting to think that I might actually get under 200 lbs again. Hopes been hard to come by the last couple of years where it came to my health. This week I'm also going in for testing to find the cause of our recurrent miscarriages. Wish me luck. And tune in later this week for some of the yummy recipes I've been making this week.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Congrats! I would love a list of your menu and recipe ideas. Jake does best low carb...but I am horrible at knowing what to cook for him. You are doing great. Love you!

kelleen said...

So glad you found something that is working for you!! I feel a whole lot better on the low-carb diets myself (go figure, I know) They were hard for me to stick to, but i felt awesome on the South Beach diet. So proud of you for sticking to this!