quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sugar Tolerance

Today I had to do a glucose tolerance test. I'm sure a lot of the women here will understand what I'm talking about. You fast for 8 hours, then drink something that tastes similar to orange crush, then fast 2 more hours and have your blood drawn. I've had this test done 7 or 8 times in the last 10 years. It's never really bothered me, I drank my weird orange soda thing and moved on. No big deal.

But this time I have been off sugar for almost 2 weeks, and I'm used to eating every 3 hours or so. So I went to chug my orange glucose drink and almost gagged. It was so disgustingly sweet! Cloyingly so, like drinking straight syrup. That was the first moment I realized that this diet has changed my tastes. I got the whole drink down finally and within 10 minutes I had a raging headache, in a few more I felt dizzy and weak. I felt horrible! That is how I used to feel after I ate all the time, man I do not miss that feeling at all.

I read recently that people who try to quit smoking aren't afraid of never smoking again, they're really afraid of always wanting to smoke. Of never getting rid of the cravings. I totally understand that, it's how I felt when I used to diet. I could deny myself those foods I craved but I always craved them. That's what I am loving about this diet. I am never hungry anymore and I have literally no sugar cravings.

Anyway, hopefully my weight loss isn't de-railed this week by the sudden influx of carbs. I have just one week left until my anniversary and I would love to be under 210 for it! Check back on Friday for a delicious low-carb recipe.

No comments: