quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Friday, March 16, 2012

Ham Cups

I've discovered one of the best, simplest, yummiest low-carb recipes ever! And the best part is it only has 2 ingredients. Seriously people when I say simple I mean 15 minutes from fridge to plate. To be truthful I wasn't the one who actually found it, my 8 year old did. (That's right, so simple an 8 year old can make it!) She was given an assignment to cook and serve a meal for the family. So she went through her Kids Can Cook recipe book looking for something low-carb her mommy and daddy could eat. She chose Ham Cups so we made them and they were so yummy we've made them 4 or 5 times since.

These are great if you're:
1. In a hurry
2. Have kids (they're super fun to eat finger food)
3. On a diet
4. On a budget
5. Not in the mood to cook (ding ding ding)

Here's how it goes. Get out a muffin pan and spray it. Take a piece of deli ham and push it into each cup so it makes a cute little ham cup. Then take an egg and crack it into the ham cup. I find the easiest way to do this (especially for kids) is to crack it into a measuring cup and pour it into the ham cup. Now pop it into a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes (depending on if you like your yolks runny or solid, I like them somewhere in between). Take them out and let them cool for a minute and then pop them onto a plate. Voila! All done. No really, that's it. Sometimes if I want to get fancy I put a little slice of cheese under the egg before I bake it.

Something magical happens to that egg while it is baking. I love the flavor of eggs but I HATE the texture. It seems to be that eggs are alternately slimy or rubbery. But these eggs are melt-in-your mouth smooth and delicious. The best part? Depending on what ham you use these have 0 carbs. Woo-Hoo!

And for you ladies who are pumping iron with me, here are the next 2 days of the routine.

Day 12

Forward curls
Bent Over Kickbacks
Bench Presses
Standing Bent Over Rows
Military Presses
Traditional Crunches

Day 13

Reverse Leg Lifts
Torso Twists
Traditional Crunches
Towel Squats *
Side Leg Lifts *
Forward Lunges *
Deadlifts
Plie Squats

No comments: