quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, March 5, 2012

Weigh-In Mar 5

All right amigos, we are back on track now! Scale was at 208.5 this morning. Three pounds down this week, so I've now lost all the weight I gained on my anniversary and even a little more! I'm getting really excited now because a huge milestone for me is starting to peak it's head up over the horizon. When I hit 205 that will be my first twenty pounds lost, and 203 will be 10% lost. Once I hit 205 I'll post another progress picture. And of course the big 199 isn't too, too far away, right?

For those of you who've been reading for awhile know that in January and February I was pretty consistent with going to the gym in the evenings. But now my husband is getting ready for a big plant shut-down and also studying for a professional engineering exam. Which in other words means that I'm basically a single mom for the duration. So I've been struggling with getting to the gym. So today I'm starting a weight lifting routine I can do at home, it only takes about 10-15 minutes, and all I need is hand weights. Maybe some of you would like to do it with me? This is a 6 day a week program (I'll be taking Sunday off).

Day 1
Biceps - Forward Curls - 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Triceps - Backward raises - 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Chest - Bench Press - 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Back - Kneeling 1 arm rows - 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Shoulders - Side raises - 3 sets of 12-15 reps
Abs - traditional crunches

Day 2
Legs, front - Forward lunges - 1 set of 20-30 reps
Legs, back - Deadlifts - 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Legs/Butt - Towels squats - 3 sets of 15-20 reps
Calves - Heel raises - 3 sets of 20-25 reps
Abs - Reverse Leg lifts

I do each exercise once (12-15 reps) and then move on to the next one, and do that three times. So you do each exercise for 12-15 reps, three times. You want to choose a weight that you can finish all the reps in good form but one that provides a challenge. Too heavy and you can strain your muscles and too light you won't get an effective exercise. We could be here forever if I tried to explain each weight lifting move so feel free to google the individual moves if you're unsure of how to do them. In weight lifting proper form is key, and you also want to keep control of the movement in both directions.

Feel free to post if you have a question about the routine. I'll be back Wednesday with days 3 & 4. Drink lost of water this week!

2 comments:

kelleen said...

Great job Amy--you ARE so so close to 20 (Oh my goodness!!)lbs down, and the elusive 199. I know you can do it girl--keep it up!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

You are amazing, my friend. I can't believe how far you've gotten in such a short amount of time.